all purpose flour 500 gms
butter 100 gms
sugar 50 gms
salt 10 gms
water (cold) until it holds all ingredients
1. Sift flour together with iodized salt and caster sugar.
2. Mixed soft butter into sifted flour mixture until resembles a crumbs.
3. Add a tablespoon of cold water and mix it either with fork or rubber or wooden spatula.
4. Repeat step 3 until the whole mixture formed a dough.
5. Reminder: please do not over pour cold water because it will become sticky. Remember we just want enough water to make crunchy when we bite it. Or depending to your preferences.
6. Put the dough into fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Roll the dough with rolling pin until flat 3mm is ideal.
8. Put it into a pie pan coated with fats to avoid sticking of dough into pan.
9. Arranged the edge into desired shape
10. Put the custard on the dough.
11. Cover it with the remaining dough on top with egg wash.
12. Put it into hot oven under temp 350°F. for 45 mins.
eggs 150 gms.
salt 2.5 gms.
sugar 63 gms.
cinnamon or nutmeg 16 gms.
hotmilk 250 gms.
1. Beat eggs.
2. Add sugar, salt, cinnamon, and milk. Mix well and pour to unbaked crust.
3. Place in very hot oven (450°F) for 10 mins.
4. Decrease the heat to 325°F and cook until silver knife inserted in the center will come out clean (about 30 mins.)
5. The custard must not boil at any time. If does it will be watery.
Copyright 2002 Pandeli.com, All Rights Reserved