Egg whites 8pcs.
Crème of tartar 1 tsp.
Sugar 1 cup
Egg yolks 8pcs.
Sugar ¾ cup
Fresh milk 200 ml
Oil 100 ml.
Cocoa ½ cup
Cake flour 1 ½ cup
Baking powder 1 tsp.
1. Preheat oven at 350°F
2. Beat eggwhites and crème of tartar until frothy.
3. Add sugar gradually into bowl until hard peak but not dry.
4. On a separate bowl (mixture 1) beat eggyolks, sugar and freshmilk.
5. On another separate bowl (mixture 2) sift together cocoa, cake flour and baking powder. Pour gradually to mixture 1.
6. Pour oil and mix until well blended.
7. Add ¼ recipe of meringue to the combined mixture 1 and mixture 2, mix and fold and the rest of meringue. The concept is to have a greater volume of meringue and not to be absorbed by the presence of oil in the mixture.
8. Pour into round pan 9" and bake it for 20 minutes.
9. Alternative: brush with light syrup if you want it to have a moist effect
Copyright 2002 Pandeli.com, All Rights Reserved