Basic Principles in Pastry Making
1. Use accurate measurements.
2. All-purpose flour is a right flour for pastry making.
3. Butter or shortening is more favorable to use than oil for pastry making because it creates a flaky effect to crust.
4. Fat should not be mixed thoroughly it should be left in bits pieces such small peas.
5. Add enough cold water to hold the mixture together.
6. Avoid to over knead the dough because it will create a bread effect to your crust.
7. Put pastry dough into refrigerator prior to preparation for flaky effect.
8. Roll enough dough for a particular recipe.
9. You can store pastry dough for a week inside refrigerator. Pastry crust shelf life for a week on dry cool place with out fillings.
Copyright 2002 Pandeli.com, All Rights Reserved