1. Check water if its lukewarm meaning not cold nor warm before pouring into the whole batch of ingredients.
2. Knead dough into rocking motion with a gentle touch for smooth appearance.
3. After mixing all dry and liquid ingredients make the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
4. Cover dough with a damp cloth to prevent dough from drying the outside layer and for easy expansion of dough.
5. See if dough rise double in bulk.
6. Divide dough according to the type of bread that you will be creating.
7. Fold dough according to your preferences. If it's buns, loaves, pan-de-sal etc.
8. Place into appropriate baking trays and allow to ferment for about 1-2 hours.
9. Cover with a cloth to prevent from crusting due to air. This will allow the dough to rise at a short period of time.
10. The oven should be at a correct temperature which is normally 350°F or 170°C.
11. As soon as the breads comes out from the oven remove breads from trays to prevent from condensation of moisture and resulting to sogginess.
12. Apply egg wash to breads for good appearance prior to full bake.
13. To keep the bread fresh store into edible or food grade plastic bags.
14. Plain bread will last 5-7 days.
Copyright 2002 Pandeli.com, All Rights Reserved